Sunday, November 30, 2003

before you ask, my new place in cyberspace [look! i made a rhyme!] isn't ready yet. all in due time.

thanksgiving was the usual affair. dinner in chinatown and then hanging out at somebody's home. this year, the adults went to my grandma's house and the kids came over to my family's house. normally, everybody would come over, but my dad was in seattle participating in a basketball tournament held in seattle. [yao ming's mommy and daddy were there too.] so since he wasn't here, the uncles did not have their annual mahjong and hard liquor night. instead, us kiddies played poker, texas hold 'em to be exact, and played with chips that had monetary values of $1000, $5000, and $10,000. obviously it was fake money, which prompted many "all-ins." i was told never to go to vegas...hahaha. after i lost all my chips, i made each of my brothers and my cousin give me "pity" chips so i could still keep playing. but after one too many losses, they cut me off. party poopers. then we changed the game to thirteen, with one chip per card left in your hand given to the winner of said hand. 'twas fun.

earlier this evening, i went to a wine bar with a friend from high school, and it was a place with posh decor, as expected from a wine bar since wine does tend to conjure mental pictures of snootiness and upscale ambiance. the host/waiter/wine guy remembered my friend from her previous visits - actually, he remembered her exact order. she threw me a semi-horrified look that pretty much said "scary" and i couldn't contain my spontaneous spurt of laughter, which was not at all polite, since he was still standing there. whoops. anyway, he looked like mr. sark from alias. who's obsessed with alias? that would be me. new episode this week kids.

No comments: