Thursday, January 18, 2007

tricked!

so yesterday (the day after my snow-induced nostalgia) i left my apt to meet my thesis support person/advisor in k-town. when i left the westside around 1:30, it was pretty clear, sunny, etc. when i was driving back home two hours later, i noticed that the ground was wet and that it was still lightly sprinkling. how odd, i thought. i get home and park my car and start unloading my books, etc from the backseat and as i turn to walk into the building, i see something out of the corner of my eye. so i turned back and took a second look, and the stuff on the ground looked suspiciously like snow! then i looked over at the hood of my neighbor's car and i saw more snow!

i was shocked! i thought, it snowed while i was gone! i was like, did it just snow here so i wouldn't feel like i was missing out on home snow? i was so excited, but sadly, had no one to share this excitement with in the immediate vicinity. but lucky me, 5 minutes later, jessica came home and i made her run downstairs so she could see the snow. she kept saying it was ice and i kept insisting it was snow. just then, our neighbor came down to the garage and i asked him if it was snow. turns out, there was a hail storm! and it was the slushy leftovers of hail. jessica laughed at me. i had really convinced myself that it was snow. but in my defense, it looks like snow - even if it did defy southern california weather logic.

-------------------


in other news, pammy told me that the post office was selling superhero stamps. since buying stamps is on my list of "to dos" i walked to the post office and mailed out stuff and bought cool superhero stamps, even though the postal lady tried to convince me to buy the valentine's-themed stamps.

No comments: