Wednesday, September 10, 2003

so this friendster phenomenon is getting out of control. it was cool in the beginning to see how people were linked through theirs friends and stuff like that, but now i'm feeling a little cynical about it. i've come across people with like 100+ friends on their "friends" list and i wonder how many of those people are really friends? the testimonials on friendster are interesting too. people only have good testimonials. i mean, have you ever read a bad testimonial about someone? it's not like they'd approve a bad testimonial that someone had written about them. and, sometimes, you get requests from people that you kinda don't want to approve and add to your list, but to reject their request for "friendship" just seems so mean. the other person would get a rejection e-mail and pretty much says, "so and so doesn't want to be your friend." and then they'll know you rejected them. and, the majority of friendster seems to be occupied by asiany people, which is ok i suppose... but i feel like i know enough asians, you know?

i just called my cousin and my mom was there hanging out with her mom. while my mom was there, my brother im-ed my cousin to ask my mom to get him some drive-through taco bell on the way home. my mom was like, "no, i don't want to go to the drive-through." my brother responds with, "you just don't want to go because you can't say chalupa!" hahaha...how funny is that? so i made my mom get on the phone and say "chalupa." in case you're wondering, she said it just fine. we had a good laugh. then my mom called my target dress tacky [well, the chinese equivalent to tacky.] and i'm trying to get her to pay for my bridesmaid dress because it's stinkin' $224. if i didn't have to get shoes to go with the dress, a bridal shower gift, and 2 wedding gifts, i would pay for it...maybe. and her response is, "i'm poor." it's really funny if you know my family...or even me. :D but my mom's like, "why can't you pay for it?" it's because she's got no idea i joined 24 hour fitness and had to pay buttloads of money upfront. she'd freakout if she knew, but that's only because one summer when i was in high school, i joined nautilus for a summer membership at $75 and i only ended up going 3 times. she was quite mad. so there's no way i can tell her i'm signed up for 3 years... maybe i'll ask convince my dad to front the money for the dress. afterall, i am they only daughter and oldest kid... :)

No comments: