Wednesday, December 10, 2003

two weeks notice is still missing, as is my uw webspace, but i know where that went - uw took it back. i'm in the process of moving things over to my new domain, but it is slow going. partly it is because i'm lazy. i think about all the blood, sweat, tears, and time that it will take to revamp it and it makes me want to scream and pass out. the main reason is because christmas is like two and a half weeks away, which i feel like snuck up all of a sudden [that stealthy christmas]. so i am furiously creating and making stuff in time for christmas. after all the supplies i bought for card-making last year, i have to put it to use, or else all the money i thought i'd save by making my own cards rather than purchase boxed cards will really have been wasted. and we can't have that. i'm like my own sweat shop.

yesterday, a patient walked into the office and asked me if i went to uw, to which i answered yes. and then he knew my name. at this point i was like "did i have class with this guy?" although he seemed a little on the older side. but before i could ask, he said, "and you speak mandarin" and he said it in mandarin. and then he laughed at me, but not in an evil bad guy way. i had a brief tangle with my fight or flight instinct, but then he explained himself. apparently, he was trying to find the number for our office and googled it before uw stripped me of my webspace, i had had my resume posted as part of an IS course, which is what this guy stumbled upon and decided to read. the incident has now become a bizarre story, but i was this close to yelling "fire" [which is what they teach you to yell if you're in trouble because no one responds to "help" these days].

it's late. i've been crafting since 8:30 and i'm hungry.