Tuesday, May 18, 2004

there's a pack of cigarettes sitting in the right pocket of my fleece jacket. it goes against every fiber of my being to allow it to sit there. marian, my homestay mom, asked me to buy her a pack of cigarettes on my way to the internet cafe. i could tell her that smoking is incredibly bad for her, but i don't know her well enough to say that. and so, for the first time ever, i have purchased cigarettes. lame. i feel all yucky. ok, i don't really, but it still is lame.

i spent the afternoon sitting outside having tapas and planning my trip to sevilla with lauren, becky, and becky's flatmate, anna. we're so excited! and we decided that for sure, the next weekend, my last weekend here, we're going to the coast. that trip was looking kind of iffy since lauren is headed back to england the same time that i'm headed back to the states and she's got tons of stuff to pack. but we're like, it's our last weekend in spain, we're going to make the most of it. and with that mantra in mind, we went shopping and bought university of granada gear, as if we were real UGR students, and finished the day with gelato at an italian place, where the names are actually in italian. shopping and ice cream...ha..i love it. and there shall be plenty more shopping and ice cream before we're through.

No comments: