Friday, July 22, 2005

photo update



i went to LA over the weekend. i feel like all we did was eat. that, and go to grace and joe's wedding. :) the time was marked by eating. the corner bakery, green tea terrace, roscoe's chicken and waffles, sam woo bbq, bcd tofu house, the dragon (reception site), and a super yummy taiwanese cafe called xiao mei (or something like that). they had shaved ice and shanghai pan-fried dumplings. so delicious.

grace and joe's wedding was super fun and again, we ate...a lot. there were a lot of courses to that dinner. yay! and afterwards, we got to hang out with them a little out in santa monica before they left the next day for vegas.

in 4 short days in LA, i learned to navigate my way around...sort of. i'm pretty handy with a map and i know my directions (north, south, east, and west). and people already say i drive crazy anyway, so i fit right in.

photos from camping, whirlyball, and the LA trip can be seen here.

4 comments:

G said...

great pics!

man, LA made me fat... =P

the Monkey King said...

Remind me to be more careful about what pictures I allow people to take of me.

steph said...

gar - LA made me fat too. very, very bad for my bridesmaid dress.

stone - no reminding. how else are we to get blackmail material?

Anonymous said...

Shao May in Alhambra? (I think that's how their neon sign spells it in english). That was one of our favorite places to go in college =)

I hope you didn't go to the Sam Woo's in China Town.....

I wonder how long it will take for you to be fully converted to a "Californian". After about a year, whenever I visited Oregon, I complained that it rained too much, and that it was too cold. And I started putting the word "The" in front of freeway names, ie "The 405, The 10", etc. Or I would stop using numbers all together, ie, "Take the Pomona freeway to the Long Beach Freeway, then get off on the San Bernerdino freeway..."

I think you'll be fully converted, when you start adding blond highlights to your hair, and wearing outfits you'd be embarrased for your parents to see you wearing ;)

=)