Thursday, August 18, 2005

cleaning

it's been two whole weeks since my last post! i try and keep up, but honestly, i don't know how some people are able to post once, and sometimes twice, a day. i have been slowly trying to clean and pack and it is not joyful. some people love cleaning and packing. i am not one of those people. i have the hardest time throwing things away. i like to keep things because i think that maybe, just maybe, i will find a need for it someday. my coworker jane, a mom with 3 kids around my age, is really good about trying to get me to see the light and throw stuff away. i think of her as the white mom i never had. all of us girls at the office love her as she is supremely fun and way maternal.

speaking of work, this is also my last week. last friday was really supposed to be my last day, but my little training manual project has taken more time than i anticipated. so, this friday will actually be my very last day of work. so while i'm completely excited not to work, i'm finding that i'm surprisingly sad. for all my complaints about work over the last 3 years, there are definitely things i will miss: my new coworkers, my employers, goofing off and sharing stories, and my access to lovely discounts on eyewear. i'm also going to miss some of the patients too. like sometimes, they just surprise you and say the nicest things. i'm telling you, when people are nice and pleasant, it just makes you want to super help them. when they are obnoxious and snotty, i do not want to give them any help at all, but i do anyway, since it's a job requirement. lesson: try and be nice to the people in service and only give attitude when it's actually necessary.

i feel like i've packed a good portion of stuff up, but i also feel like my room looks just as full as ever. it makes me want to scream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS EYEWORKS GIRL!

Thanks for all the eye/contact/glasses advice and fun times having my eyes examined.

Btw, any update on my new ones? ;-)