Wednesday, October 25, 2006

reflection

it's been said that students tend to be a reflection of the classroom teacher. if the teacher is super high-strung, then students might reflect the same tendencies. if the teacher is really relaxed and mellow, then students might tend to be mellow. hmm...looking at my own classroom, it makes me wonder what vibe the kids are getting from me and whether or not their attitudes, etc area reflection of mine.

randomly, one of the girls in my class wrote me a super sweet letter. somewhere in it, she said that i was like a second mom to her.

later in the day, one boy called another boy a "momma's boy" which made that boy cry. a third boy, walked over and joked with him until he wasn't upset anymore. the name-caller felt really bad - he was contrite. teaching kids to be kind and building their character is hard work. equally difficult, teaching them academic content.

the other day, school pictures were delivered to the office. jenny and i were down there and decided to dig through to find our class pictures. seriously, the kids in my class are pretty cute and adorable on photo paper - but all 32 of them together, physically present in front of me - and all cuteness goes out the window. hahaha...poor kids.

No comments: