Friday, December 27, 2002

gross finding of the day: a plastic to-go container filled with tortilla chips, what might have been a quesadilla, and a side of sauce - all of which was under the passenger seat of my car - and all of which was totally covered in fuzzy green and white mold.

yea...imagine my surprise as i climbed into the backseat of my car [my dad was driving and my mom was up in front] on our way to lunch and my foot bumps into this plastic container. i pick it up and both my brother and i were horrified at what was inside, and it smelled too. it was seriously disgusting. and i have no idea where it came from, but from the looks of it, it had been there for awhile - as in before i got home from break. and i can't seem to remember where it might have been from - but i do know that it's probably not mine since i usually drive my car and am not sitting in the back. thus, my conclusion is that somebody else left it in my car and forgot to take it with them when they exited the vehicle - which is fairly understandable, but still gross. blech.

something that amused me for the better part of 5 minutes: our home phone line has been going all wacky since christmas eve and we've had to call verizon like 3 times for them to fix it and it turns out that whenever the phone line was first installed [i'm thinking like almost 10 years ago], the guy who had stripped the plastic off the wires and stripped off too much and left the wires open to the elements, and plus, he did a crappy job of securing the plastic box in which the wires would be housed. so...as water got in, i guess it kept causing more damage on the line until eventually the dial tone turned into static. so over the last couple of days, whenever people would try to call, they'd just get static - no rings at all. ok...so the technician man fixed it today. while we were out, wendy [my cousin] called my cell and was commenting about how our phone line still doesn't work. i was like...oh...but the guy fixed it today. so i asked her if it rang [versus just static like before] and she said yes, that it just kept ringing and no one picked up. i was like...er...that's because no one's home. :) i had a good laugh - and now wendy will probably beat me down. haha...i went to dinner with her and che and i was telling che and we had another good laugh. :D [wendy sort of glared at us.]

and an end to a fun day - a second viewing of the two towers! yay! fun fun! again...maximus...so done. it's all about aragorn and legolas.

No comments: