Wednesday, March 05, 2003

i'm on the road to recovery, which means my voice no longer sounds like that of a man, and that's always a good thing. :) for the last couple of weeks, classes and homework load have been a bit intense, so that's where i've been slaving away. i'm trying to actually get some good grades these last few quarters and actually learn something useful since the job market is not exactly college-grad friendly these days.

and as if i don't already have enough things to juggle, my mom calls me to tell me that she gave my aunt (my dad's sister in san francisco - the "psycho" matchmaking aunt) my cell phone number. needless to say, i was not happy with my mom. but i told my mom that if i recognize a phone number with an area code from the bay area, that i am NOT picking it up. and not only that, but i will NOT call her back either. i'm done with this crap my aunt and mom are trying to do. was is that saying...take no prisoners? or all's fair in war? well, the point is that i will no longer stand for these lame attempts - not even pretend to indulge. i've gone militant and i will launch a full-out attack if i'm pushed to do it. so aunt cath beware. you're going down. i can admit that it's a funny situation, but it would be sooo much funnier if it wasn't happening to me.

in other news, i was at the uvillage starbucks and i fell in love - with a vespa scooter. it was beautiful! scooters are just so darn cool. they're giving customers chances to win them in some kind of drawing every time you use a starbucks gift card to make a purchase. neat, huh?

No comments: