Friday, January 14, 2005

no balance

a few years ago, i was playing intramural volleyball at the IMA, and twisted my right ankle. it was a mess of pain, black, black bruising, swelling, and all-around ugliness. i was told that i tore something and that it was really, really bad. since then, my right ankle has been bigger than my left, and i already had good-sized ankles to begin with.

just a few hours ago, i was walking downstairs and i didn't bother turning on the light, because, how hard is it to walk down some stairs? apparently, it's harder than i thought. i missed a step, lost my balance, and landed wrongly on my left ankle and it twisted. it hurt...a lot. i iced it a little and now i can feel it starting to swell. it hurts to put weight on it. i think that may not be a good sign. but, at least now my left and right ankle are even.

No comments: