Friday, May 27, 2005

engrish

i just got back from dinner at outback steakhouse. i haven't had that much meat in one sitting in a very long time. i feel like i should now go and eat lots of vegetables just to balance it out.

random story: the other day, we were sitting around talking about accents at small group and i remembered wendy telling me a story and my mom, her mom, and her. so, i guess my mom called wendy because she needed assistance spelling out a word...i think maybe it was for medication or something. so, wendy is listing each letter and she gets to the letter "v." i think the conversation went something like this:

wendy: "vee."
my mom: "wee?"
wendy: "no, VEE."
my mom: "wee?"

i have no idea how long this goes on for...but wendy's mom hears her side of the phone conversation and wendy catches her up on what she's trying to do. so her mom gets on the phone with my mom to help tell her that the next letter is "v."

wendy [to her mom]: "vee."
wendy's mom [to my mom]: "wee."
my mom: "wee, ok."

i remember wendy telling me that she was getting frustrated. when she told me this story, i laughed so hard, i had tears in my eyes. just thinking about it cracks me up. fobby parents are fun...sometimes. everytime i remember a funny story involving my relatives...i think...gosh, i should really write this down because it is darn funny. but five minutes later, i forget.

1 comment:

steph said...

haha...how goes everything over there?