Wednesday, September 27, 2006

this is me?

you know, this was sort of the theme for the exodus church retreat this past weekend. we intensively explored and mapped out our spiritual gifts, natural abilities and acquired skills. i haven't exactly had time to process it, so it's still kind of churning in the back of my mind...somewhere.

but, i think it made me think about who i am. i thought i knew...6 weeks ago. but after 5.5 weeks of teaching, i find that i'm not sure who i am. because in 5.5 short weeks, i seem to have lost a lot of my personality. maybe it's the nature of being thrown into a new and really challenging situation. i'm weaker than i thought i was. what a bummer. i'm hoping i find my personality and more optimistic disposition soon.

tomorrow, i have a sub. i have to attend a district math training. i hope the kids don't go nuts. in fact, i kind of hope the sub isn't good - i have heard of subs who do magic tricks. it's hard competing with cool magic tricks - and so maybe the kids will appreciate me more when i go back on friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know magic? awesome!