Monday, August 13, 2007

holy sandwich, batman!

the title of the post makes no sense, except to say that i had a deliciously good sandwich at a schlotzsky's deli in bakersfield on saturday. that, and my love of batman. before saturday, i'd never been to a schlotzsky's, and had only heard of them.



that's us posing in front of the food court directory. the verdict - schlotzsky's makes one darn good sandwich. and what's more, i just discovered that there's 3 in oregon! only one of them is near the portland area. i also realized that i've driven by it many times and never realized it was "the schlotzsky's" that's been talked about. oooh...i should tell my brothers about it, as they would LOVE it.

a few more photos here.

on this fun day trip, it was also discovered that mj doesn't dislike all chinese food, just the stuff she's eaten up until this point (except dim sum). molly's parents treated us to dinner at their friend's restaurant. for me, it was almost like being home and eating my parents' place, except not awkward because it isn't my parents' place. it's a weird thing i have about eating at my parents' restaurant.

No comments: