Thursday, December 08, 2005

one to go

i'm about 90% done! i have one assignment left to complete - a paper for my educational psychology class. it shouldn't be too bad. and, i'm getting set to meet with my advisor to discuss my student teaching placements (grade level, school, etc) for winter and spring quarter. how exciting! i'm thinking one placement somewhere between 1st - 3rd grade and the second one in 6th grade.

the last two weeks, i've been at a middle school and it's been pretty great. i'm thinking my middle school affection was heavily influenced by JEMS warm beach experiences. middle schoolers are funny. they are also shocking. one of the guiding teachers told us that she had 3 parents in the class. 3 parents! as susan would say, "it's fetuses having fetuses." we were stunned. i'm still stunned.

and in other middle school news, angel, teaching english in japan with the JET program sent me "letters to santa" written by her 8th grade 2nd year english language students. i volunteered to write letters back as "santa." actually, i wrote some letters and my friend judy wrote some letters. and some people from my lovely cohort helped me decorate them with gel pens. yay! the letters are pretty dang cute (the ones from the students). i love having helpful friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi scary bebe.

love,
bebe

G said...

middle schoolers as parents?!

whoa.

steph said...

bebe - hi bebe!

angela - it was a lot of fun! and the letters from the students are super cute...and sometimes, funny.

gar - i know...isn't that crazy?!?