Tuesday, October 08, 2002

grr...i had just typed out this long thing...and now it's disappeared...this stinks.

anywho...in the midst of my hectic first week of classes, i forgot to share my big revelation - i am toula [from my big fat greek wedding] except i'm not greek and i'm not 30+ years old. aside from those differences - it sort of fits. anyway...i was talking to my mom on the phone last wednesday when it happened and if i was a third party watching this converation take place, i would've been rollin' with the laughter because it was hilarious - it just would've been funnier had it not been my experience. witness the following evidence:

  • my parents think i'm doomed to not marry [but seriously...i'm only 22 and they make it sound like i'm like 80 or something]
  • i have relatives harrassing me - my aunt and grandma [on my dad's side] keep trying to sell me off to people - they're all pimp-like...ok...it's not that bad and i totally exaggerate...but i'm just mad because they won't take "NO/NOT INTERESTED" for an answer
  • my parents and all relatives want me to marry - not a greek boy - but a nice chinese boy [and "nice" means massive earning potential in their eyes]
  • my parents are totally unbalanced - which means they're completely nuts - much like toula's parents - only not as comically funny
  • my parents own a restaurant [chinese - not greek] and like to tell stories of "back in the day..." or "when we were growing up..." blah blah blah

are we seeing the parallels here? i mean...shoot...you'd think they would be supporting me against the deranged that is my aunt and grandma, but no, they're totally tossing me to the pimps...i mean...to them. i mean...where's the love and parental support here?!? seriously...this is why i have issues...who wouldn't with a family like this? talk about the years of damage... eesh. and people wonder why i'm such a spaz...you'd be a spaz too if you had this fam - though i love my parents anyway of course.

ok...moving on...

i got the scorpion king [courtesy of chong - thank you very much]. very cool - considering it's one of those no brain/no thinking cheesy-fun movies - plus it has the rock - way fun-fun. wahoo. :)

No comments: