Friday, November 07, 2003

my friend che is in west africa for the next two years volunteering with the peace corp. she just sent an e-mail because of an emergency tea shortage. [she loves tea] and she mentioned that in cape verde, they have my most favorite sandals/flip-flops in the whole wide world - havaianas. these are sandals made in brasil. i think she's sending me a pair! i have my beat up old gray ones from my summer 2000 trip to brasil and my blue ones with the flag of brasil [from one of the students at english camp]. i love these sandals. i am, however, a little sad to find them appearing all over the place, like at urban outfitters, or in magazines like Us. i'm happy for their success, but sad it's becoming a trend/fad. i liked having them to myself and the other SAM alums - and the millions of people in brasil. the best part is that your feet don't get stinky - unlike say...teva sandals...

anyway... so this weekend as wendy and mindy come and visit, we're going to put together a care package and send it to her. i'm thinking since she's gone for 2 years, we'll be sending her supplies often. :)

No comments: