Tuesday, November 11, 2003

sometimes, when i least expect it, i am assaulted by my childhood. i'm thinking of suing.

i stopped by fred meyer to pick up the aquaphor mentioned earlier and i passed by the shoe department when flashes of memory hit me. i used to go to freddy's as a kid with my family, back when british knights and la gear were the must-haves. i just remember how much fun it was to be there and how excited i was whenever my parents asked if we wanted to go to freddy's [this was of course, before target.] it was a family event. just like going to k-mart and jefco, which became best, which went out of business and became uwajimaya in beaverton. i miss being little, being bratty kids with my brothers and begging our parents to buy everything...and then some - ok, that part still happens. i can't wait to go home for thanksgiving. as i get older, all my memories get glossed over with happy powder, which basically means that i forget all the things that used to bother me and just remember the good feelings. because really, that's all that matters.

No comments: