Monday, April 24, 2006

Mohammad_01112732 is my friend

i was working on my dell laptop today, and i noticed that it sat unevenly on my desk during class. it was driving me nuts. after close examination, i came to the conclusion that it was not the rubber grips that were uneven, but the actual bottom casing of the laptop was a little crooked. i got on a chat with dell.com customer support and they're sending a dude out to replace the casing and to check the fan, since overheating may have caused some warping. i had a lovely chat session with Mohammad_01112732 on dell.com just now. seriously, he is so my friend.

has anyone else ever had this happen to their laptop? or is it just me?

---------------------

i taught a math lesson today and it went really well. i was teaching the 2nd graders about perimeter and how to find it. i showed them an example of what is meant by perimeter and then we went outside and in groups, they walked the perimeters of various play areas, like the kickball diamond, the four square square, tetherball circle, etc and recorded the number of footsteps it took (our unit of measurement). it was a really fun interactive and kinesthetic activity for them to physically and visually grasp the idea of perimeter being the measurement around the outside lengths/sides of an object. it felt really good to debrief with my guiding teacher and to hear that my line of questioning was a good balance of getting kids to think about what they already know and then scaffolding their thinking to get to where i wanted to get them. have i mentioned how great 2nd grade is? :)

2 comments:

G said...

"interactive"! "kinethetic activity"! "debrief"! "scaffolding"!

Good to know you're already hip to all the educator buzz words... haha.

Anonymous said...

Dell customer support is awesome. But yes, I've had numerous issues with my Dell Laptop. I had the motherboard replaced. I had the screen replaced. I had the case replaced. I had the keyboard replaced. I had the touchpad replaced. I had the cooling fan replaced...

Granted, the only thing that was actually "busted" was the screen, but my warranty was about to expire, and Dell was happy to fix all the things that looked "worn" :p

Gotta love Dell customer support :D