Thursday, August 31, 2006

bountiful blessings

so over the last two weeks, i've been moving towards a greater degree of flipping out. nothing i had imagined had prepared me for these first two weeks of teaching in my own classroom. i had refused to cry, but on monday, i finally had my own little meltdown. and truth be told, i felt better after i just let it all out. i don't know that i've ever felt this humbled on a daily basis. it sucks feeling like you have no idea what you're doing day-to-day while 31 kids are looking to you for direction and driving you a little crazy in the process.

inspite of all the classroom craziness, i have seriously been blessed by the encouragement, care, thoughtfulness, and love of friends who have seriously come to my aid whether they are aware of it or not. through their words, gestures, assistance, and concern i have felt the blessing, presence, and strength of God. thank you all for helping me in the classroom with setting up, for correcting homework and papers, for helping me plan, for giving me ideas, for sharing your teaching experiences (or that of other teachers you know), for making me dinner, giving me a hug on an especially bad day, for calling to check on how i'm doing, and telling me that i'm not incompetent even though i feel like i am. y'all are keeping me sane!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you and your new experiences as a teacher. I am confident that you will reach all your students even when you feel at your weakest state. Take care of yourself! Eat your vitamin C.

shiv

Anonymous said...

You are not incompetent!!!
Thinking of you,

Che