Tuesday, August 22, 2006

one day at a time

today wasn't as bad as friday. i didn't want to quit at the end of the day today, which i will take as a good sign. this morning, on my way to school, i was praying in the car "Lord, i don't know if i'm cut out for this teaching thing. please help me to work through my confusion and..." when suddenly the car to my right tries to change lanes into the space that i was occupying! i swerve left to avoid being completely hit - thank goodness the lane to the left was empty. then my car swerves severely back to the right - felt like fish-tailing. and all the driver of the car can do is wave an arm out the window. seriously. after my heart started beating again, i was like "Lord, is this a sign? are you trying to tell me something?" i'm still pondering that one. all insights into this one are welcome.

3 comments:

minjuice said...

aw steph, sorry to hear the first week has been rough. i woudln't read into anything re the near car mishap. rather, i think about how the Lord has consistently spoken to you, called you, and provided for you throughout your life and esp through your becoming a teacher. i think you're gonna be fantastic. not nec'ly cuz i've seen you in the classroom, but b/c i know the God you serve and obey, and He will be faithful to you yet.

G said...

how about...

1) You definitely have the ability, talent, and heart to do be a teacher

2) LA drivers suck

;)

Anonymous said...

Nah', I think Portland drivers are worse :p

I have yet to see an LA driver come to a STOP at the end of a freeway on-ramp, becuase they don't know how to merge.